<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

First Lady - Classy Lady 


First lady Laura Bush visited U.S. troops yesterday at a military base in Germany which supports forces in Iraq, telling clapping soldiers that "we believe in you and we're proud of you."



After being introduced, she said: "I'm the one that should be applauding you. Thank you all very, very much. Thank you for the very warm welcome to Ramstein Air Base."

She continued:

"I am thrilled to be at the home of the 435th Air Base Wing, the 86th Airlift Wing and the 38th Combat Support Wing. I told my father-in-law that I was coming here today and he suggested that I make a grand entrance by parachute. I told him I thought I'd wait for my 80th birthday."
The San Diego Union-Tribune put it this way:

First lady Laura Bush on Tuesday thanked U.S. soldiers for giving up their safety and the comforts of home to fight for democracy in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"Each of you has a greater impact than you can ever imagine on people that you will only know for a brief time," she told troops and their families in an aircraft hangar.

"All of you are delivering the greatest gift they'll ever receive by sacrificing your own comfort, your own safety and your own lives so that others might know freedom."

Mrs. Bush, who also visited about 20 wounded soldiers at nearby Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, flew to Germany a day ahead of the president, who was attending meetings with NATO leaders in Brussels, Belgium. Ramstein Air Base has been heavily used in support of post-Sept. 11 U.S. military campaigns.

I just love that lady and am so proud that she is our First Lady.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Hewitt Inspired Blogs


Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.